We have found two bugs in V2.0. One is related to S/PDIF output and the other is related to playing music. Sometimes music just fell out of sync with jackd server and noisy sound appear. And if you played some videos with mplayer or vlc without jackd, using only ALSA, Dolby Digital or DTS via S/PDIF output, your sound card could freeze. If you are on V2.0 you don’t have to upgrade to V2.1. You can just apply these fixes. And for all of you who asked, yes sound is not so good in V2.0.
1. Download these three files:
Patches for V2.0.
2. Open terminal
3. Navigate to the directory where you have downloaded files (default Downloads)
cd Downloads sudo dpkg -i linux-libc-dev_3.2.32-rt48-1_i386.deb linux-headers-3.2.32-rt48_3.2.32-rt48-1_i386.deb linux-image-3.2.32-rt48_3.2.32-rt48-1_i386.deb
4. Then remove old kernel that is causing problems
sudo apt-get purge linux-headers-3.8.10-rt6 linux-image-3.8.10-rt6
5. Reboot and you will login to Linux with new 2.3.32 kernel that fixes these bugs.
6. If you want to be sure that everything is OK type this command in terminal:
And if it says 3.2.32-rt48 then everything is OK.