For many of you that want to know if the sound is improved in this new 3.1 version, the answer is no. This is mainly a bug-fix release. What have been changed:
– Now system can be upgraded with ‘pacman -Suy’. You can’t upgrade from v3.0 to v.3.1. You have to do it with fresh install procedure.
– Removed from menu setpcm/setdsd config. Default is now DSD.
– Removed buffer_time & period_time from mpd.conf.
– MPD is upgraded to 0.18.16 version.
– Now .asoundrc is persistent between reboots
– Added sacd-ripper, a command tool for ripping DSD iso files
– Fixed Nginx server for album covers on MPdroid
– Replaced XBMC with Kodi
– Conky bug fix
– Fixed alsamixer unmute bug on some DACs.
– All packages updated to 18.5.2015.